Retiree Healthcare Advocacy
Whether facing a serious health problem or dealing with a confusing bill, it is easy for retired members to become frustrated, mixed up or even frightened by the complicated healthcare system. Members need experienced support to navigate the many issues that sometimes arise while using their benefits.
Labor First brings a high-touch personalized concierge solution where our Retiree Healthcare Advocates are there to guide members through the healthcare maze, acting as their true ally. Each member has direct access to a Retiree Advocate who they know on a first name basis and can meet in person. Our Advocate team helps members fully understand their healthcare benefits, options and resources available to them.
This seamless end-to-end retiree service solution puts members first. Whether it’s finding a doctor or pharmacy, resolving copayment/coinsurance issues, resolving a denied claim issue, obtaining a new ID card, questions on coverage, financial problems, or whatever the healthcare concern may be, we are here to make the retirement experience stress free.
Our Retiree Advocates are:
- AHIP Certified
- Life and Health Insurance Licensed
- HIPAA Compliant
- Attend Specialized Geriatric Training
Sampling of Retiree Services Provided:
- Personal information changes
- Card replacements
- Formulary, tier and copay assistance and exceptions
- Physician and pharmacy outreach
- Inbound/Outbound three-ways calls to Medicare, vendors, providers, pharmacies, and Social Security
- Claims, billing and payment support
- Help with filing of applications, including Low-Income Premium Subsidy (LIPS) filing assistance
- Assistance with pharmacy related questions such as generic availability, prior authorizations and mail-order services
- Status calls throughout the process of any open item, making sure members know their problem is of highest concern and we are working on a resolution.
- Completion calls to member after any issue has been resolved to ensure no additional assistance is needed
“We are all advocates at Labor First. Our initiatives revolve around one group — our retired members. We treat each of our members with individualized care and work tirelessly to safeguard and service their Medicare benefits so that members can have a better quality of life upon retirement.” – John P. Dulczak, Chairman & CEO
Please read more about how our Medicare Benefit Solutions or our Medicare Benefit Management can help plan sponsors both financially and administratively.